OpenSensorHub (OSH) has built-in support (via modules) for various procotols that sensor adapters and other modules can be built onto.
Hardware protocols modules are mainly used within a sensor adapter and provide the heavy lifting to support a particular type of hardware communication:
- Serial / RS232
- USB Serial
- Bluetooth Serial
- Bluetooth LE + GATT
- WiFi / Ethernet with ZeroConf Discovery
- Zwave (via USB adapter)
- SigFox (via serial modem)
You'll find the code supporting these different protocols in the osh-comm repo.
IoT protocols provide more advanced Plug & Play capabilities as well as communication with other IoT systems such as the AWS IoT cloud platform:
- BLE "Generic Measurement Profile"
- Adafruit Unified Sensor Driver
We also support OGC web services and RESTFul interfaces that can be used to access, task and discover sensors connected to a Sensor Hub:
- Sensor Observation Service (SOS + SOS-T)
- Sensor Planning Service (SPS)
- Sensor Things API
- P2P Discovery Layer