OpenSensorHub Core APIs
SensorHub software is implemented on top of public APIs that make the system modular and allow one to change almost any part of the system by pluging in new implementations.
The core APIs are:
- SWE Common and SensorML Bindings to create/read/write SensorML documents
- Sensor API to implement sensor and actuator drivers
- Process API to implement processing chains
- Persistence API to implement bindings to any database system
- Communication API to implement drivers for various communication buses (serial, USB, Bluetooth, I2C, SPI, etc.)
- Event Manager API to implement queuing and dispatching of events between modules or even sensorhub instances
Before you start implementing SensorHub's modules using these APIs, we also strongly encourage you to take the time to read about SensorHub's Architecture.